MCDS owes a great deal to the effective networking that it has established over the years.
The idea is to give them an opportunity to come face to face with the hard realities of life which will surely help them in their quest to serve the underprivileged.
Our main Partners for all our activities are Talking Tech Foundation, New Zealand and Lebensbaum Foundation, Germany.
Talking Tech Foundation:
They have been supporting us for the last 5 years by way of significant funding. The beauty is, they made it a point to visit MCDS every year and see the growth of MCDS which is very close to their heart specially the CBR activities. Mr.Raymond and Lynette stark took extra pain for the extension of our CBR centre at Chemmencherry.The recent visit was by Mr. Gus Row which was again an encouragement for MCDS Family.
Lebensbaum supported us for the Dental Clinic equipment’s which goes to various schools and communities for Dental Awareness and Screening. They also support our Study centres, with their support, we are having 14 such Study centres.
The Lebensbaum Foundation serves solely and directly not-for-profit purposes. Within the course of its work it supports projects and individuals in the areas of training and education, youth care, culture and environmental protection.
A much sought-after field work placement centre for colleges offering social work as a specialty. These include:
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Vivekananda College, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Arul Kadal, Chennai
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Mar Gregorius College, Chennai
- Madras School of Social Work, Chennai
- Mohammed Sathak College, Chennai
- St. Joseph's College, Chennai
- DG Vaishnava College, Chennai
- The Institute of Mental Health, Social sciences, Trans -Disciplinary Research, Kovalam
- Caveri College, Trichy
- Bishop Heber College, Trichy
- Loyola College, Trivandrum
- Rajagiri College, Kochi, Kerala
- Central University, Kasargod, Kerala
- BCM College, Kerala
- St. Thomas College, Thrissur, Kerala
- Vimala College, Thrissur, Kerala
- Bishop Vayalil Holy Cross College, Kottayam, Kerala
- Montfort Mat. Hr. Sec. School, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai
- Santhome Hr. Sec School, Chennai
- Aloha – Batch of 1990 (Montfort Alumni)
- Vidhyasagar - NGO
- Banyan – NGO
- Chennai Volunteers – NGO
- Sarva shiksha abhiyan
MCDS and Government Organizations
MCDS has enjoyed the best of relationship with government organizations. It has always been a pleasure interacting with those heading the departments as well as other officials.
- Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation Ltd – Associated with all women programmes
- Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board (TNSCB) – Associated with all MCDS programmes
- The Corporation of Chennai – Associated with Child Labour programmes
- Directorate of Rehabilitation of the Disabled, Chennai - 5 - Associated with CBR programmes
- National Child Labour Project, Chennai - Associated with all child Labour programmes
- Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme, Chennai – 14 - Associated with all Health programmes
- Government Regional Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Chennai - 83 - Associated with CBR programmes
- Government Hospital, Royapettah, Chennai – 14 - Associated with all Health programmes
- Government Health Centers – Associated with all Health programmes
- The Police Department – Associated in providing safety and security for all programmes
- National Institute of Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, Chennai - Associated with all CBR programmes
- India Vision Institute (IVI) - Eye Screening and distributing the Spectacles to deserving people and our target for this year would be 6000 people from various SHG Communities and Government Schools
- Banks, Community Colleges, Hospitals, Lions Clubs, Individuals, Child line
- Rotary Club of Madras Besant Nagar
- Rotary Club of Guindy
- Volunteers from Overseas