Care for the Aged
The Senior Citizens' Forum of MCDS aims at adding life to the years of senior citizens, believing that the best is yet to come.
It reaches out to hundreds of senior citizens in the slums through:
- Day Care Centre
- Supplementary nutrition and medical intervention
- Reading and recreation facilities
- Vocational and skill training
- Home based income generation
- Spiritual and leisure activities
- Awareness programme on Child Rights
- Celebration of days of importance
- Involvement of the aged in community oriented programmes
Elders Day Celebrations is an event looked forward to by the hundreds of members of the Senior Citizens' Forum. Various competitions and health camps are held prior to the event. The entire programme is hosted by the senior citizens themselves.